Sweet and Spicy Tomato Salsa
- 1 lb. tomatoes seeded & blended
- 1/2 cup white or yellow onion chopped fine
- 1 chile serrano seeded and chopped fine
- 1 jalapeno (optional for more spice) seeded and chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- In a sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add jalapeno, serrano, onion, garlic and salt. Cook until onion is translucent. Add blended tomato, sugar, pepper and vinegar.
- Cover with a lid, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stir, taste and correct seasonings if needed.
- This salsa can be made in advance and freezes beautifully.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!