If you’re in search of a comforting and satisfying meal that combines the flavors of ground beef, potatoes, and a medley of aromatic spices, look no further than Picadillo con Papas. This traditional Mexican dish is known for its robust flavors, versatility, and ease of preparation. With its tender ground beef, bite size potatoes, and a harmonious blend of spices and vegetables, Picadillo is a hearty and delicious option for any occasion.
Picadillo is a popular dish in many Latin American countries, each with its own regional variations. In Mexico, this is often a treasured recipe that has been passed down through generations. It is a flavorful and versatile dish that showcases the vibrant flavors of Mexican cuisine. Our version is no exception being passed down from the matriarch of our family, Louisa.
Picadillo con Papas is a classic Mexican dish that combines the richness of ground beef, the heartiness of potatoes, and a symphony of flavors from aromatic spices. With its comforting and robust taste, this dish is a testament to the culinary traditions of Mexico. So, gather your ingredients, embrace the savory aromas, and indulge in the wholesome goodness of Picadillo con Papas. It’s a dish that is sure to satisfy your taste buds and warm your soul. Serve with a warm tortilla and enjoy!
Picadillo con Papas
- 3/4 lb. Yukon gold potatoes diced in medium size cubes (12oz)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 2 medium tomatoes blended (12oz.)
- 1 whole jalapeño or serrano
- 1 cup white or yellow onion diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Heat medium sized dutch oven (or other heavy bottom pot) over medium high heat. Add oil, onions, minced garlic and ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until well browned.
- Add potatoes, blended tomato, and chicken stock. Bring to boil and taste for seasonings. Add salt and pepper as needed. Reduce to simmer, cover, and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.