When it comes to seafood, few dishes rival the delicate and succulent flavor of sea bass. Add a glaze of savory miso, and you have a culinary masterpiece that will transport your taste buds to new heights. In this blog post, we invite you to savor the exquisite delight of miso glazed sea bass skewers. The combination of tender fish, umami-rich miso, and a hint of sweetness creates a harmony of flavors that will leave you craving more.
This dish is a true delicacy that deserves to be savored. As you take your first bite, relish in the harmony of flavors that the miso, mirin, and soy sauce create. The tender and flaky sea bass, infused with the umami-rich glaze, is a true delight for the senses. The hint of sweetness from the brown sugar adds a subtle balance, while the finely chopped green onion brings a touch of aromatic warmth.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or seeking a sophisticated yet simple meal, miso glazed sea bass skewers are an excellent choice. Impress your guests or indulge in a gourmet treat for yourself. The irresistible combination of flavors will transport you to culinary bliss with every bite. Enjoy!
Miso Glazed Sea Bass Skewers
- 1/3 cup sake
- 1/3 cup mirin
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup miso paste
- fresh sea bass fillets
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onion
- Whisk together the sake, mirin, soy sauce, brown sugar, and miso paste in a bowl to make the marinade.
- Place the sea bass in a large sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the sea bass. Chill in refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Arrange the fillets on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Pour marinade into a small saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until boiling. Cook for 5 minutes until reduced. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven on the broiler setting and set the oven rack to be about 6 inches from the top.
- Bake the sea bass under the broiler, rotate throughout cooking, until the fish flakes easily with a fork, around 7-9 minutes. Serve with marinade reduction and top with green onions.