Are you ready to elevate your Mexican cuisine game? Look no further than our mouthwatering Mexican White Rice with Corn recipe. This flavorful side dish is the perfect complement to any Mexican-inspired meal, adding a burst of freshness and a hint of sweetness to your plate. The combination of fluffy white rice and sweet corn kernels creates a delightful texture and a harmony of flavors that will leave your taste buds dancing.
To make this dish even more irresistible, we suggest pairing it with our Pollo con Rajas, a succulent chicken dish cooked with sautéed peppers and onions, creating a delightful medley of flavors. Enjoy!
Mexican White Rice with Corn
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock (hot)
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- In a sauté pan, add vegetable oil, rice, onion, and jalapeno and cook at medium high heat until rice starts to brown.
- Add the corn, hot chicken stock and pepper; stir to combine.
- Taste the liquid and season with salt as needed. Bring liquid to boil, cover pan, and reduce the temperature to lowest setting. Cook until all liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off and let sit covered for 10 minutes before serving.