For those who crave a mouthwatering fusion of heat, sweetness, and umami, Gochujang wings are the pinnacle of culinary delight. Gochujang, a vibrant and versatile Korean chili paste, adds a distinct depth of flavor that transforms ordinary chicken wings into a tantalizing masterpiece. Join us as we embark on a flavorful journey, exploring the secrets behind creating the perfect Gochujang wings and experiencing the fiery euphoria they bring to the table.
What is Gochujang?
Gochujang, pronounced “go-choo-jang,” is a traditional Korean chili paste made from fermented red chili peppers, glutinous rice, fermented soybeans, and salt. It boasts a unique balance of sweet, spicy, and savory flavors that sets it apart from other chili sauces. Gochujang’s complexity adds depth and richness to dishes, making it a beloved staple in Korean cuisine.
The combination of fiery gochujang paste, umami-rich soy sauce, and a touch of sweetness in our wing recipe creates a harmonious symphony that will leave your taste buds yearning for more. Whether you’re hosting a game-day gathering, celebrating a special occasion, or simply treating yourself to a flavorful feast, Gochujang wings are sure to captivate your senses and ignite your culinary adventure.
So, gather your ingredients, embrace the boldness of gochujang, and let your taste buds embark on a journey through the vibrant flavors of Korean cuisine. Get ready to experience the fiery euphoria that only Gochujang wings can deliver. Enjoy!
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp. gochujang depending on spice preference
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped chives for garnish
- Prepare grill and heat to 350 degrees.
- Lightly season chicken wings with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place on grill and cook for 45 minutes, turning throughout the cooking time to ensure even browning. While wings cook, prepare the sauce.
- In a large size microwavable bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Microwave until bubbly and fragrant, about 45 seconds.
- Whisk in 1/4 cup water, sugar, gochujang, and soy sauce until smooth. Set aside.
- Pull wings off grill and toss in sauce mixture. Place back on grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on high heat to crisp, reserving any remaining sauce. Remove wings from grill and place on serving dish. Drizzle remaining sauce over wings, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and finely chopped chives.