There’s nothing quite like a vibrant and flavorful salsa to elevate any meal or snack. And when it comes to salsa, our Ultimate Red Salsa recipe takes the crown. This recipe is not just any ordinary salsa; it’s a culinary masterpiece that combines the perfect balance of spice, sweetness, and smokiness. Enjoy!
Ultimate Red Salsa
- 10 Roma tomatoes halved
- 1 large whole jalapeno stem removed
- 3/4 red bell pepper seeds removed & cut into 2 in. pieces
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic skin removed
- 1 medium white onion quartered
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
- Move oven rack near the top of the oven and preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Place tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, bell pepper, and garlic into an oven safe pan (preferably a cast iron skillet). Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a 1/2 tsp. kosher salt. Place in oven and cook until charred, flipping occasionally throughout the cook time.
- Place contents into a blender and set aside pan for later use. Pulse mixture until no large chunks are visible. Add remaining salt and fresh cilantro and pulse 3 more times until combined.
- Pour salsa back into pan and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, scrapping up any burnt bits from the bottom of the pan. Taste and add more salt to taste if needed. Enjoy!