When summer arrives and strawberries are in their prime, there’s nothing quite as delightful as our homemade fresh and easy strawberry Pie. This refreshing dessert combines the sweetness of juicy strawberries with a flaky pie crust and a luscious glaze. It’s the perfect way to showcase the natural flavors of fresh strawberries while adding a touch of sweetness. Here, we’ll guide you through the simple steps to create this mouthwatering pie that will be a hit at any gathering or a delightful treat for yourself.
To make a truly delicious strawberry pie, you need to use fresh, ripe strawberries at their peak. Look for strawberries that are bright red, plump, and fragrant. Ensure that they are firm but not overly ripe or mushy. Selecting high-quality strawberries will guarantee a burst of natural sweetness and vibrant flavor in every bite.
So, grab a basket of fresh strawberries, roll out that pie crust, and let the luscious flavors of this delightful pie whisk you away to a sunny paradise of fruity bliss. Enjoy!
Fresh and Easy Strawberry Pie
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 Tbsp. half & half cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh ripe strawberries 24oz. stemmed & hulled
- 3 cups strawberries 24oz. stemmed & hulled
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 9" pie shell can substitute pre-made 9" pie shell and pre-bake according to package directions
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
Preparing Pie Shell:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll the pie dough into a 12-inch circle. Transfer the dough to a 9-inch pie plate and trim the crust to have ½” over-hang over the edge of the pie plate. Tuck the edges of the crust under to be even with edge of the pie plate and crimp. Place the crust in the refrigerator for 60 minutes (or freezer for 30 minutes) to help prevent the dough from shrinking while baking. Line the inside of the crust with parchment paper and fill with baking weights or dried beans. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the edges of the crust are a light golden color. Carefully remove the pie weights and parchment paper. Return to the oven and bake until the whole crust is golden brown all over, 12-14 minutes longer. Let cool to room temperature.
- Whip softened cream cheese with half and half, sugar, lemon juice, and zest until light and fluffy. Spread the filling on the bottom of the cooked pastry shell. Line the pie filling with several layers of strawberry halves until completely covered.
- Line the pie filling with several layers of strawberry halves until completely covered.
- To make glaze, combine sugar and strawberries, mash together and set aside for 30 minutes. Pour mixture into saucepan and mix in corn starch. Cook glaze until it becomes thick and clear. Strain & let cool. Pour evenly over strawberries.
- Chill and garnish with homemade whip cream for an extra special treat!