Guacamole is more than just a dip – it’s a beloved culinary delight that has become a staple in Mexican cuisine and has won the hearts of food enthusiasts worldwide. This vibrant and creamy blend of avocados, lime juice, onions, tomatoes, and cilantro is a true crowd-pleaser. Whether enjoyed as a dip with tortilla chips or as a versatile accompaniment to tacos, burritos, or grilled meats, this dressed up chunky guacamole will bring a burst of fresh flavors and a touch of indulgence to any dish.
Guacamole has a rich history that dates back to the Aztecs, who first cultivated and enjoyed avocados. The word “guacamole” is derived from the Aztec Nahuatl language, combining the words “ahuacatl” (meaning avocado) and “molli” (meaning sauce or mixture). Over time, guacamole evolved and gained popularity throughout Mexico and eventually spread worldwide, becoming a beloved dip and condiment.
The incorporation of sweet corn into our dressed up chunky guacamole creates a beautiful contrast that balances the creaminess of the avocados with a burst of natural sweetness. The combination of flavors adds depth and complexity to the dip, making it even more irresistible. Enjoy!
Dressed Up Chunky Guacamole
- 2 ripe Mexican avocados halved, pitted and roughly mashed
- 3 Tbsp. red onion finely chopped
- 1 chile serrano or jalapeño or to taste minced seeding is optional
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro leaves roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp. salt more or less to taste
- 2 Tbsp. cotija cheese
- 1 ear of corn (steamed or grilled) – kernels cut off of cobb
- 1 roma tomato seeded and diced
- In a medium sized serving bowl, mash the avocado with the lime juice and salt. On top, add the tomato, jalapeno, red onion, corn, cotija cheese, and cilantro. Serve and enjoy!