There’s a certain enchantment that comes with late-night indulgences – a sense of camaraderie and warmth that wraps around your senses. In the heart of these cherished moments, a family favorite emerges, one that marries tradition and innovation into a symphony of flavors. Introducing our cinnamon infused Churros Mexicanos, a creation that captures the essence of late-night togetherness. Join us on a delectable journey as we unveil the magic behind these light and crisp churros, perfect for enjoying plain or with a decadent chocolate ganache, creme anglais, or dulce de leche dip.
At the core of our cherished churro recipe lies a secret ingredient that transforms each bite into a culinary masterpiece – cinnamon tea. The gentle infusion of cinnamon into the churro dough imparts a delicate warmth and complexity that sets these treats apart. This infusion technique is a testament to the harmonious blend of age-old traditions and modern creativity that defines our late-night family favorite.
To create our Churros Mexicanos, we begin with a meticulous process that ensures every bite is a symphony of flavors and textures. The journey starts by brewing a fragrant cinnamon tea, allowing the essence of the spice to meld seamlessly with the water. This aromatic elixir becomes the foundation of our churro dough, infusing it with a subtle yet distinct cinnamon undertone.
As the dough comes together, it is piped through a star-shaped nozzle, shaping the churros into the iconic ridged form. These delicate creations then take a dip in hot oil, transforming into golden wonders with a satisfyingly crisp exterior. The result is a churro that boasts an ethereal lightness and a symphony of flavors that dance on your taste buds.
Our cinnamon tea-infused churros are more than just a treat – they are a canvas for your late-night dreams. Served plain, they offer a simple and satisfying experience, a testament to the power of pure flavors. But the journey doesn’t stop there. Elevate your churro experience by dipping them into a world of decadent delights:
- Decadent Chocolate Ganache: The velvety richness of chocolate ganache offers a luxurious pairing that complements the delicate cinnamon undertones of the churros.
- Creamy Creme Anglaise: Immerse your churros in a pool of creme anglaise, a delicate custard sauce that lends a luscious texture and a hint of sophistication.
- Captivating Dulce de Leche Dip: For those seeking a touch of authentic Mexican flair, dulce de leche – a sweet caramel-like sauce – adds a distinctive and indulgent twist.
Our Churros are more than just a dessert; with each bite, you’re transported to a world where tradition and innovation harmonize, where simplicity meets decadence, and where every mouthful is a tribute to family bonds and cherished moments. Whether enjoyed plain or paired with one of our luxurious dips, these churros have the power to elevate any late-night experience into an unforgettable symphony of flavors. So, gather your loved ones, brew a pot of cinnamon tea, and embark on a delightful adventure into the heart of our late-night family favorite. Enjoy!
- 2 ¼ cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 whole large egg room temp, slightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a 3-quart saucepan combine water, cinnamon stick, salt and vanilla. Bring to a boil. Discard cinnamon stick and add flour all at once. Stir dough using a wooden spoon until it forms into a ball, about 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from heat, set aside to cool slightly.
- Working quickly, add egg and beat vigorously to form a smooth slightly sticky dough. Transfer to a pastry bag with a large star tip. Set aside.
- In a dutch oven, add oil and heat to 375 degrees.
- Once oil is heated, carefully pipe strands of the dough directly into the oil and using a pair of clean scissors or a sharp knife, cut the dough once the strip is long enough. Cook in oil, turning the churros to cook evenly, for 2-3 minutes each or until golden brown.
- Remove churros from oil and place on paper towel to soak up excess oil for 1 minute. While still hot, transfer to cinnamon sugar mixture to coat. Move to serving tray and place in oven on warm or enjoy while fresh.
- Bring oil back up to temperature before starting the next batch.