If you have a weakness for irresistible sweet treats that combine the richness of chocolate, the crunch of pecans, and the buttery goodness of toffee, then you’re in for a real treat. In this blog post, we’re thrilled to share our mouthwatering Chocolate Pecan Toffee recipe that will leave you craving for more. Brace yourself for a delectable journey filled with luscious flavors, delightful textures, and a hint of nutty caramelization. Plus, for those with an insatiable sweet tooth, we’ve got a bonus for you—our tantalizing caramel nut candy recipe. So, let’s dive into the realm of indulgence and awaken your taste buds!
The Magic of Chocolate Pecan Toffee: Picture this—a velvety layer of rich, semi-sweet chocolate perfectly complementing a crunchy bed of caramelized toffee, generously studded with toasted pecans. The combination is nothing short of bliss. Our Chocolate Pecan Toffee recipe captures the essence of decadence, striking the perfect balance between sweetness, nuttiness, and a hint of bitterness from the chocolate.
Crafting this Tempting Treat: Creating this confectionary masterpiece requires precision, but fear not, for the results are well worth it. Begin by caramelizing a blend of butter and sugar until it transforms into a luxurious, golden toffee. The aroma that fills your kitchen is simply intoxicating. Then, fold in the toasted pecans, infusing each morsel with their irresistible nutty essence.
Next comes the pièce de résistance—melting the smooth, indulgent chocolate and pouring it over the toffee and pecan mixture. The chocolate gently blankets the toffee, sealing in the flavors and adding a touch of elegance. Allow it to set until firm, eagerly awaiting the moment when you can sink your teeth into the perfect bite.
Savoring the Chocolate Pecan Toffee: Once the chocolate has hardened, it’s time to savor the fruits of your labor. Break the toffee into delectable shards, relishing in the crisp snap that accompanies each piece. The combination of the buttery toffee, toasted pecans, and luscious chocolate creates an explosion of flavors and textures in every bite. Indulge in the sweet symphony, as the toffee melts on your tongue, releasing its caramelized essence and blending harmoniously with the chocolate and pecans. So, gather your ingredients, unleash your inner chocolatier, and let the magic of these recipes transport you to a realm of pure, sweet delight. Enjoy!
Chocolate Pecan Toffee
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup 7 ounces sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups pecans or walnuts toasted and chopped
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chopped coarse
- Make foil sling for 13 by 9-inch baking pan by folding 2 long sheets of aluminum foil; first sheet should be 13 inches wide and second sheet should be 9 inches wide. Lay sheets of foil in pan perpendicular to each other, with extra foil hanging over edges of pan. Push foil into corners and up sides of pan, smoothing foil flush to pan. Spray foil with vegetable oil spray.
- Heat butter and water in medium saucepan over medium-high heat until butter is melted. Pour sugar and salt into center of saucepan, taking care not to let sugar touch sides of saucepan. Bring mixture to boil and cook, without stirring, until sugar is completely dissolved and syrup is faint golden color and registers 300 degrees, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook, gently swirling saucepan, until toffee is amber-colored and registers 325 degrees, 1 to 3 minutes longer. Off heat, stir in 1/2 cup pecans until incorporated and thoroughly coated.
- Pour toffee into prepared pan and smooth into even layer with spatula. Refrigerate, uncovered, until toffee has hardened, about 15 minutes.
- Microwave 4 ounces chocolate in bowl at 50 percent power, stirring occasionally, until melted, about 2 minutes. Pour chocolate over hardened toffee and smooth with spatula, making sure to cover toffee layer evenly and completely. Sprinkle with ½ cup pecans and press lightly to adhere. Refrigerate, uncovered, until chocolate has hardened, about 15 minutes.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Using foil sling, invert toffee onto prepared sheet. Discard foil.
- Microwave remaining 4 ounces chocolate in bowl at 50 percent power, stirring occasionally, until melted, about 2 minutes. Pour chocolate over toffee and smooth with spatula, making sure to cover toffee layer evenly and completely. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup pecans and press lightly to adhere. Refrigerate, uncovered, until chocolate has hardened, about 15 minutes.
- Break bark into rough squares and serve. (Bark can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.)