Brown Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Frosting:
- 4 oz. unsalted butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese at room temp
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cup 5 oz. confectioners’ sugar
- Melt the butter in a heavy one quart saucepan over medium heat. Cook, swirling the pan occassinoally until the butter turns a nutty golden-brown, about 4 minutes. Pour into a small bowl and let stand until the solids settle at the bottom of the bowl, about 5 minutes. Carefully transfer the bowl to the refrigerator and chill until just firm, for about 18 minutes. Using a spoon, scrape the butter from the bowl, leaving the browned solids at the bottom.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, cream cheese, and brown sugar on medium high speed until light in color and the brown sugar has dissolved, 2 minutes. Gradually beat in the confectioners’ sugar and continue beating until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!