Indulgent Comfort: Bacon Au Gratin Potatoes
When it comes to comfort food, few dishes can rival the creamy, cheesy goodness of jalapeno bacon au gratin potatoes. This classic side dish is a staple at family gatherings, holiday feasts, and cozy Sunday dinners. With layers of tender potatoes bathed in a velvety cheese sauce, au gratin potatoes are the epitome of indulgence and satisfaction. The addition of fresh jalapenos and crisp bacon sets this dish apart from your basic potato casserole.
As the dish bakes in the oven, the potatoes become tender and soak up the creamy sauce, resulting in a harmonious blend of textures. The cheese sauce turns irresistibly gooey and bubbling, creating a decadent coating that envelops each slice of potato.
The aroma that fills the kitchen as au gratin potatoes bake is nothing short of heavenly. When the dish is finally brought to the table, the anticipation is palpable. As you dig your fork into the layers, the potatoes yield effortlessly, revealing their tender, creamy interior. The combination of flavors, from the rich cheese to the earthy potatoes, is pure bliss.
Au gratin potatoes are a versatile side dish that pairs well with a range of main courses. They make a hearty accompaniment to roasted meats, grilled chicken, or even as a standalone vegetarian option. The dish is also a crowd-pleaser, appealing to both young and old with its comforting appeal.
So, whether you’re preparing a special holiday prime rib feast or simply craving a comforting side dish, don’t overlook the allure of Jalapeno Bacon au gratin potatoes. With their creamy texture, cheesy goodness, and irresistible flavor, these potatoes will satisfy your cravings and warm your soul. Indulge in the comfort of au gratin potatoes and experience a taste of pure culinary delight. Enjoy!
Bacon Au Gratin Potatoes
- 4 large russet potatoes – par boiled peeled and sliced thin
- 2 large yellow or white onions – sliced in rounds
- 5 jalapeno’s – seeded and sliced in strips
- 12 slices of bacon – fried crisp
- ½ stick butter
- 1 pkg. cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 4 cups whole milk
- ¼ cups flour
- garlic salt
- Sautee onions and jalapenos in bacon drippings until very soft. Heat milk and set aside. In sauce pan melt butter add flour and cook for a couple of minutes. Add milk – stirring constantly until smooth and thickened.
- Add in the cream cheese. Once the cream cheese is melted take off heat and stir in the cheddar cheese. Correct seasonings. Butter a casserole dish.
- Layer potatoes, season with salt and pepper. Add some of the onion/jalapeno mixture. Add some of the cheese sauce, top with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 for 30 – 45 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.